We don’t mean to get all political, but it’s pretty clear that this week’s Labor leadership spill was a battle of the bold versus the conservatives.
But, we’re not talking policy objectives: we’re talking frames!
K-Rudd’s specs have been part of his little cartoon-esque façade for as long as he’s been in politics. And we all saw that Julia made an impact when she first sported those hipster tortoiseshells a few months back.
Julia’s look, no doubt about it, was a carefully constructed image campaign (knitting, anyone?!), and there’s no disputing that image is everything in politics. The frames, and what followed, may have been her downfall… But we loved it anyway – unlike last night’s caucus (sad face for Julia).
So J-Gill should take heart today, her first day of retirement from politics, and know that her gradient brown frames win over K-Rudd’s barely-there pinched-balloon look, all day, every day!
Image Politics: Spot the Specs
We figure that last night’s spill creates a unique opportunity to launch our first ever social media series, ‘Framous Moments’!
The aim of the game is to spot glasses wearing celebs, sports-stars, pollies and other framous peeps (see what we did there?) who have been snapped wearing striking specs in the media.
The rules? Rustle up one of your own categories, or see if your snaps from the media fall into one of five categories (that we made up earlier). Include a headline (witty or punny if that’s your agenda!) as to why you think they fit:
– The Bold Story: The best looking chunky frame style you can find!
– The Breaking News: A celeb sporting new frames who has never been seen wearing glasses before.
– The Unexpected Twist: A total fashion frame makeover, Gillard-style!
– The Blatant Mistake: A look that doesn’t quite… work.
– The Reverse Psychology: A celeb who normally wears glasses who is photographed noticeably absent of any such eyewear.
Post on our facebook page to participate!
Looking forward to your take on frame spotting!
Thanks to carianoff for the Flickr image!