It’s tough, being a heart. Pumping blood around the body every day, all those electrical impulses to deal with, keeping peeps alive. Oh wait – your face is a heart! Well, that’s not so tough! Let us find you some frames to fit heart-shaped faces.
Decisions, decisions: Do you have a heart-shaped face?
Or more rightly, observations, observations! This face-shape is prominent in wide-eyed ladies, but less common for gents. If your face is as wide as it is long (maybe slightly longer) and the widest part is across your forehead or (high-ish) cheekbones, then you’re definitely the shape of heart! The sides of your face taper from your cheekbones down to a pointed chin. In other words, you are a lovely inverted triangle!
Celebs with heart-shaped faces:
- Scarlett Johansson
- Ruby Rose
- Tyra Banks
- Christina Ricci
- Ed McMahon (the US Comedian famous for his pronunciation of “Hereeeeeee’s Johnny!”)
Glasses that suit a heart-shaped face
So, heart-facies, let’s hold Cupid’s hand and skip along to find some frames that suit heart-shaped faces!
Heart-shapes can play with their hair, but those wanting balance should avoid fringes, too much height, or severe side partings. Likewise with frames, try to choose a frame that is wide as your face, and no wider – otherwise you will accentuate your wide forehead and narrow chin.
Glasses to fit heart-shaped faces have plenty of vertical elements, enhancing and balancing your look.
- Frames that go up in the corners of the eye, or have round elements that draw the eye ‘up’ and away from a narrow chin. The Olivetti, one of our new vintage frames, aptly shows off this glam look
- Frames that add width below the eyeline will balance top-heavy hearts – like our fave classic The Cappsy or the The Boo (did we scare you?!).
- Low temples, i.e. arms that are set in the middle of the lens eyewire, not the top, just like The Dexter.
- Lighter frame colours will also balance and say ‘look-how-good-I-look’ not ‘look-at-me’! Try The Monellina
|The Olivetti – Buy now – Try online||The Dexter – Buy now – Try online|
|The Cappsy – Buy now – Try online||The Boo – Buy now – Try online|
|The Monellina – Buy now – Try online|